Liverpool Friends of Palestine is a locally-based support group that campaigns for justice for the Palestinian people. We are not affiliated to any political party in either Britain or Palestine, nor do we have any particular religious basis.
We use this leaflet to introduce ourselves.
Our aims, as stated in our constitution are:
- for the right of self-determination for the Palestinian people
- for the right of return of the Palestinian people
- for the immediate withdrawal of the Israeli state from the occupied territories
- against the oppression and dispossession suffered by the Palestinian people
- in support of the rights of the Palestinian people and their struggle to achieve these rights
- to promote Palestinian civil society in the interests of democratic rights and social justice
- to oppose Israel’s occupation and its aggression against neighbouring states
- in opposition to racism, including anti-Jewish prejudice and Islamophobia and the apartheid and Zionist nature of the Israeli state.
AFFILIATION TO PALESTINE SOLIDARITY CAMPAIGN
We are affiliated to the Palestine Solidarity Campaign. We support their activities and encourage all our members and supporters to join PSC as individual members. The PSC’s website is at http://www.palestinecampaign.org.
WHAT WE DO
- Street leafleting – we’re out on the streets of Liverpool at least once a month with publicity in support of the Palestinians. We are normally at the bottom of Church Street from 12 noon to 2pm on the first Saturday of each month.
- Public meetings – we organise regular public meetings on particular issues to do with Palestine and the Middle East
- Stalls – we sell goods and publications at conferences and other events
- Bil’in – we are twinned with this West Bank village which is on the front line of Palestinian resistance.
- Cultural events – we support events that feature Palestinian actors, musicians, dancers etc
- Pressure group – we support the ‘BDS’ campaign to isolate the state of Israel and to promote the cause of the Palestinian people
- Fundraising – we raise money for Medical Aid for Palestinians and the Union of Health Work committees in Gaza.